Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Spanish Eyes

My maiden name is Guerrero. And my grandpa Guerrero always told me that he wanted to take me to Spain because he said I would fit in beautifully. The truth is, my dark eyes, dark hair and olive skin would allow me to fit in beautifully in a number of different places throughout the world, including Mexico and Italy. (I get asked quite often if I'm Italian or Mexican). However, because my grandpa put the idea of Spain in my head, I have dreamt of one day traveling to Spain to meet my fellow "Guerreros", ever since I was a little girl.

I love the taste of deep red wines from Spain, Argentina and Chili, and I'm just naturally drawn to the warm cultures and colors of these beautiful countries. And one day I will travel to these places with Ian and Ava, because I want Ava to appreciate her Spanish heritage, even if she didn't inherit any of my dark features. (Hello--my baby girl has BLOND hair and green eyes!!!)

In the meantime, I can thank Gwyneth Paltrow for showing me Spain and for making me drool at night as I watch her eat the most fabulous food, and drink the most decadent wines all over that country (while looking completely understated and chic). I could hate her, but she's just far too brilliant for me to do so. If you have no idea what I'm referring to, click here.

Disfrutar! (means Enjoy in Spanish!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this show! I know what you mean about Gwyneth - she's amazing!